Sorry it took me so long to get to this and thank you (again) to Erika for nominating me!
(I honestly think this should be called the 11:11 Wish award or something, haha.)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Share eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
- Nominate eleven bloggers and set questions for them
11 facts about me:
- I’m extremely extroverted, and I get my energy from being around people. If I pulled an all-nighter and seem mopey, stick me in one of my groups of friends, and I’ll be hyped up in 2 minutes.
- I always put too much on my plate. Half-intentionally, half-unintentionally. Some call it impressive; I call it stupid.
- I’ve recently felt the flow of poetry through my veins again. I am back after a four month hiatus. Hurrah!
- I am happy. That is a great life achievement, I think… However fleeting that happiness is.
- This is really random but I like to play dress-up games a lot. Well, I like to play all games a lot, but I’ve stuck to this one really cute dress-up game on my phone in particular for a lot longer than I stick to most of my games on my PC.
- I smile at random strangers a lot–every single one I pass by–even if they seem anti-social or busy. I think it’s a good thing, but I’m really not sure.
- I see the world through rose-colored glasses. I see everything in a positive light. AKA I’m too trusting of the world and of people; I think everyone is innately good. I still think this is a positive quality regardless of what my parents say.
- Eight is my favorite number. Turn it sideways, and it’s infinity. Boop. (Get it? Infinity Awards. Please laugh.)
- I have a friend named Naing. It’s pronounced nine, and so I always give him a 9/10 rating. If I’m feeling extra generous, I give him a 9.9/10 rating.
- I have ten thousand worries every minute of the day. I need to relax more often.
- I make the same wish every single time I catch 11:11, whether it be morning or night.
Answers to the assigned questions:
1. If you could travel and explore a certain place in the world, which location would you choose?
Anywhere, as long as it’s with the one I love. England would be preferred though, haha. I might actually study abroad there at the University of Cambridge. Fingers crossed.
2. By the end of your life, what would you have wanted to have accomplished?
I have done one thing on my bucket list, and that is lead a protest. Oh, I’ve also MCed and made a roomful people face-palm at my puns ten times in one night. And, actually, I’ve also done some other things on my bucket list, but they’re a little sketchier so I’ll leave that up to your imagination. The other hundred are yet to be achieved, and I honestly don’t want to list them all out. Hopefully, my life will continue to be exciting though.
3. Do certain songs remind you of memories or certain times of your life?
Sort of, but I kind of always listen to songs throughout my life and not just in one period of time. I guess some specific ones do, but I can’t pinpoint any right now. Actually, there are some songs that have gotten me through rough times or allowed me to let me emotions out. One of them is Human by Christina Perri. The other songs are just a bunch of rock (which, by the way, is my favorite genre).
4. When we live our every-day lives, we will most likely come into contact with others, and in the long run, we impact those individual’s lives for better or for worse. So! Do you think that our society has been a good steward with such a power?
Yes and no. I’ve read up a lot about the sh*t going on in the world, and I’ve heard from those close to me about all the bad things that happen to them or around them. And I’ve experienced bad things myself of course. But on the other hand, I’ve experienced so many good things, met so many good people. I personally have faith in humanity, and I try to be the best human I can be.
5. Would you rather travel by plane or by train?
Plane, probably. Actually, I haven’t experienced a train yet. I honestly would not know until I experience both. Probably either one. I only get motion sickness in the car. I love plane rides and boat rides. I just don’t know about train rides.
6. What steps can you take to ultimately reach your dreams and goals?
Well, my ultimate goal is happiness, and I don’t want to get into the specifics of all my dreams and goals, so I’ll leave it at that. My steps to happiness… well I’m already working on that with a lot of effort, reflection, self-care, and half-hearted relaxation techniques (which may seem sort of contradictory, but whatever).
7. What are your top three most FAVORITE quotes?
#1 is from my About page: “Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility” (William Wordsworth).
#2 is: “Always do what you are afraid to do” (Unknown). // “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life–and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do” (Georgia O’Keeffe).
#3 is: “Don’t let people make you feel bad or guilty for living your life. It is your life. Live it the way you want” (Unknown).
8. If you could eliminate one thing from your life, what would it be?
9. Which do you prefer: a rainy day or a sunny day?
I like both. I prefer it sunny 75% of the time and rainy 25% of the time.
10. About what percent of your day do you spend on social media?
I spend pretty much all day connected to social media in some way, shape, or form. Unless I’m doing something where I really need to be in the moment like say a protest or an important class/lecture.
11. What’s your favorite game to play with a large amount of people?
Hot Seat or Never Have I Ever. Great for getting to know people. Mafia, cards, League, Terraria, or CounterStrike is fun too.
One of my best friends (I only have 2 right now you know), Wordsmith, …Et Cetera
And then everyone else, haha. I don’t like tagging people much. Feel free to do the 11 facts and 11 Q&A if you feel up for it.
Questions for the nominees:
Same as the above. I enjoyed answering them.
If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me and listening to my boring life story! I hope to do more of these in the future. Thank you all again for reading!